COALITION MONTHLY NEWS: FEBRUARY 2019
HIGHLIGHTS of the Month
• Scott Helman just released Episode 4 of The Hotel Sessions: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" feat. Alessia Cara! Watch the video here. His music video for "Hang Ups" was also nominated for a Juno award for "Video of the Year"! Watch it here.
• Scott recently announced The Hang Ups 2019 Tour! For tickets to his shows across Canada, visit Scott's website! Additional dates were just added, and supporting acts have been announced!
• Myles Castello announced that he will be supporting Scott Helman at select shows on The Hang Ups 2019 Tour. Get your tickets here! Also, make sure you check out his official music video for 'Bad Company'!
• We're also excited to share that 'Bad Company' was chosen as Stingray Canada's Trending Track for February and March!
• Nice Horse brought home two awards at this year’s Association of Country Music in Alberta Awards. They won both ‘Group of the Year’ and ‘Video of the Year’ for Mansplainin’!
• The band hosted a Facebook live 'Question and Answer' last month on January 16th. If you missed it, you can watch the full interview by clicking here! Nice Horse is also playing this month in Courtenay, BC at the Winter Apres Ski Festival on February 2nd! Click here for tickets.
• Simple Plan was featured in FYI Music News, announcing they had a total of $225,000 in donations for 2018. More than 30 charitable organizations received funding for those in need, and this brings the total amount the Simple Plan Foundation has raised to $2.5 Million since the band began the foundation back in 2005. You can read the entire article on FYI Music News.
• Simple Plan will also be performing at Disney World in Orlando, Florida from March 17th-20th as part of the Garden Rocks Concert Series. You can find information and reservations by clicking here!
• USS and Scott Helman recently performed at a memorial concert for Mike 'Beard Guy' Taylor. The concert honoured the 'Walk Off The Earth' keyboardist who passed away in late 2018. The memorial concert was held on Sunday, January 13th, 2019 in Burlington, ON. Watch the full memorial concert here.
• The Tea Party reissued their album 'Splendor Solis' on vinyl recently which hit #1 on Amazon Canada in the vinyl section of the store. You can pick up the vinyl here! The band also reached #4 on the Alt Rock Chart in Canada last month! Congratulations!
• The Tea Party started their 'Black River' tour on the 27th of December 2018, and picks back up on March 16th, 2019. To view the dates of shows and purchase tickets, visit the band's website!
• The Proud Sons will be touring with fellow Coalition band, The Tea Party, over the next few months and you can get your tickets by clicking here! They have also released their music video for 'Company'!
• Johnson Crook announced that they will be performing in Cambridge, ON next month on March 9th. You can see all the details and purchase tickets here!
• Justin Nozuka recently announced that his US tour will be kicking off this month with special guest Craig Cardiff. Tickets are available here!
Spotlight: The Proud Sons
The Proud Sons are just trying to do justice to their name, and it's working.
The Winnipeg, Manitoba rock ‘n’ roll five-piece named themselves after a vow to do their members’ late fathers proud, and their era-spanning music is providing much proof they’re succeeding. The band’s signature four-part harmonies wouldn't be out of place in Laurel Canyon in the '60s, their '70s southern rock vibe brings the party, and the I-did-my-baby-wrong/my-baby-done-me-wrong narratives of their songs hearken back to the themes that have been the foundation for so much R&B and country & western music. It’s classic rock ‘n’ roll made contemporary.
The songs on the band’s self-titled four-song debut EP could fit just as comfortably on a playlist with Chris Stapleton, The Wild Feathers, and Blackberry Smoke as they would with The Eagles, Black Crowes, and The Rolling Stones. "Rock 'n' roll music should be fun," says Proud Sons lead singer Ryan McConnell, "Expect good music and a good time."
The Proud Sons have recently been highlighted in Atwood Magazine in regards to their new music video 'Company.' You can read the full article by clicking here!
You can stream 'Company' (Acoustic) here, or listen to the official audio on Youtube! Furthermore, you can watch their new music video for 'Company' by clicking here!
Follow The Proud Sons on Spotify to hear their new music first.
The Proud Sons - Company (Music Video)
Throwbacks of the Month
Our artists here at Coalition Music have some very notable accomplishments. Here are some from the month of February over the years!
• Justin Nozuka also released his single 'Right By You' on February 11th, 2014, and single 'My Heart is Yours' on February 9th of 2010.
• The Tea Party released their album 'Temptations Alternate Remixes' on February 3rd, 2009.
• Scott Helman released his 'PDA Remixes' on February 16th, of 2018.
• Simple Plan released the music video for 'Opinion Overload' on February 4th, 2016. They also performed at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games Closing Ceremonies on February 28th, 2010. It was on February 19th, 2002 that Simple Plan released the music video for 'I'm Just A Kid'.
Our Lady Peace released their album, 'Somethingness' - Vol. 2 on February 23rd, 2018.
On Tour This Month
Our artists are always on the move, find out where they will be this month below!
Coalition Music on Spotify
This month’s Spotify Playlist theme is: Anti-Love
We asked the staff here at Coalition to contribute their favourite "Anti-Love" songs for this month's playlist.
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org to win a Coalition grab bag!
This project is funded in part by FACTOR, the Government of Canada and Canada’s private radio broadcasters. Ce projet est financé en partie par FACTOR, le gouvernement du Canada et les radiodiffuseurs privés du Canada.