COALITION MONTHLY NEWS: APRIL 2019
Highlights of the Month
Simple Plan will perform at the 25th Anniversary of Warped Tour concert in Cleveland, OH June 8th, 2019!
Simple Plan will be playing at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on June 8th in Cleveland, OH to help celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Warped Tour. There will also be an
exclusive exhibit in honour of the milestone. More information and tickets can be found here!
• The band will also be joining the Warped Tour 25th Anniversary shows in Atlantic City on June 29th and 30th, and in Mountain View, CA on July 20th and 21st. Tickets can be purchased here. They will also be performing at Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis, TN between May 3rd and 5th of this year!
• Congratulations goes to Simple Plan who was recently awarded a gold YouTube play button plaque for surpassing one million subscribers on the platform! If you're not already subscribed to their channel, you can do that here!
• Airbnb released a video profile of Nice Horse for International Women's Day. The band spoke about their experience as women in the music industry, and how Airbnb allows them to feel safe and at home wherever they choose to stay while on the road. Watch the full video here!
• Nice Horse also stopped by CTV Calgary on March 14th to perform their song 'Tonight' - one of the very first songs they wrote together as a band. You can watch the full performance here!
• Incura recently released their new single 'Remodel' on March 15th, 2019. You can listen to it here!
• USS' song, 'Yin Yang', will be the official song for the 2019 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs! Tune into Sportsnet throughout the playoff season to hear it, and watch a preview of the advertisement here!
• Scott Helman recently released Chapter 2 of his series, 'Scott On Tour. The series documents his travels across Europe last year while on tour with Vance Joy as support. You can watch the video above or by clicking here!
• Myles Castello was recently featured in Halifax's The Chronicle Herald where he talked about his music career, his new song set to be released in Spring 2019, and more.
Read the full article here.
The Australian dates for The Tea Party’s Black River Tour have been announced! Tickets can be found here!
• Our Lady Peace will be touring with Bush and LIVE! from June through to September on the ALT-imate Tour!
The band will also be performing at the Tail Creek Mud & Music Festival on June 30th in Alix, AB.
Johnson Crook will be performing at the 30th Anniversary of Dauphin's Country Fest in Manitoba from June 27th to 30th! Information and tickets can be found here!
• Scott Helman’s Hang Ups Tour concludes this month! He is being supported by Ralph and
Myles Castello at selected shows so get your tickets here!
• The Tea Party is halfway through the North American leg of the Black River Tour. Be sure to get your tickets by clicking here!
The Proud Sons will be continuing their tour support on The Tea Party's Black River Tour this month. To view event details and how to purchase tickets, click here!
• Myles Castello is finishing up The Hang Ups tour with Scott Helman this month! You can find tickets here.
Johnson Crook recently completed their month-long residency at The Dakota Tavern, playing a combination of fan favourites and new songs they're currently working on!
• Justin Nozuka has completed his Run To Waters Tour with special guest Craig Cardiff!
We hope you loved the show, and be sure to share your photos with us! Also, be sure to listen to Justin's album, 'Run To Waters' here!
Myles Castello has finished his tour with Ezra Jordan. Myles' song, 'Bad Company', can be streamed on Spotify's 'Pop All Day' playlist! Click here to listen!
Spotlight: Myles Castello
The rising R&B singer from Scarborough, Toronto’s sprawling easterly area, who feels as comfortable in the studio as he does performing on the stage, is garnering attention with his moody yet danceable cadence of club-friendly music. His song “Bad Company” dropped last autumn. The track, produced by The Uccis, showcases the young R&B singer and producer demonstrating vocal prowess, next to modern, dance floor sensibilities. An infectious self-assuredness permeates the track with a glint towards his city and its bright light.
Myles is now gearing up to drop a new single, followed by more new music throughout the year. The track, titled “Way Off,” is an ode woven around a near-universal young lovers quarrel,
with listening payoff presented on a refrain built over a knocking drum beat.
His eye towards weaving stories from his own experience, marred by catchy, danceable melodies and an obvious student of highly-executed pop combine in Myles Castello,
making his mark in 2019..
Just three months into 2019 and Myles has already performed numerous shows with both Scott Helman and Ezra Jordan, and has had his music added to lots of different playlists and radio stations. Be sure to follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. As well be sure to follow Coalition Music on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date
with all the information surrounding Myles!
Throwbacks of the Month
Our artists here at Coalition Music have some very notable accomplishments. Here are some from the month of April over the years!
USS released their music video for Damini on April 3rd, 2012 and their music video for Yin Yang on April 10th of 2014.
Simple Plan won the JUNO Fan Choice Award on April 2nd, 2006. The band also released their music video for 'Summer Paradise' featuring Sean Paul on April 2nd of 2012.
Scott Helman released music videos for 'That Sweater' on April 22nd, 2015 and 'The Lion' on April 29th of 2014.
Our Lady Peace released their album 'Curve' on April 3rd, 2012. The band also won JUNO Rock Album of the Year for Gravity on April 6th, 2003.
Justin Nozuka released his album 'You I Wind Land and Sea' on April 13th, 2010.
Coalition Music on Spotify
This month's Spotify Playlist theme is: Workout Season
Our staff picked their favourite workout songs for this month's playlist! April is a great time to break out of the winter blues and start getting active!
Email your answer to email@example.com to win a Coalition grab bag!
This project is funded in part by FACTOR, the Government of Canada and
Canada’s private radio broadcasters. Ce projet est financé en
partie par FACTOR, le gouvernement du Canada
et les radiodiffuseurs privés du Canada.